[thechat] Good news from... Mac OSX

Dave McLean thechat at dwcreative.com
Sat Apr 7 14:35:06 CDT 2001

On 4/7/01 9:56 AM, Kai Pahl wrote:

> macOS X is actually just a toy, but not a production-tool. at least in my
> case. i'm sitting here without drivers for my ISDN-terminal-adapter, without
> driver for my scanner, without driver for my SCSI-card, CD-writer, external
> HD, without driver for my printer and without driver for my graphic-tablet.

Right, I agree, but it's a toy that is 6 months from being fully supported
by major hardware manufacturers, software developers and the Mac community
at large. The whole reason they got it out, was so people could start
building things for it to actually make it just the operating system and not
the whole shebang.

OSX will some into its own.  Think of it as a new-born baby.  Give time and
it will grow up to be bigger and stronger than it's mama and papa.

:-d

_____
I used up all my sick days... so I called in dead.