[thechat] Mythology was comics

Andrew Forsberg andrew at thepander.co.nz
Thu May 24 00:48:54 CDT 2001

>>same with hell. wtf is that? i've heard it defined as "eternity without
>>god". i've had 24 years without god, and it's been a shitload of fun. hell
>>sounds great.
>
>Ahh, philosophical this evening -- hell is difficult to describe.
>The fun you've had, according to Christianity, is not true *fun* so
>for you, hell may be heaven?

Which English king was famous for his argument with a priest over
going to heaven? From memory this (10th / 11th century?) king, on his
death bed refused the priest's blessings because he didn't want to go
to heaven since his ancestors had all been heathens ... they would be
in hell. He refused to live for eternity without them.

Personally, I think that's a pretty cool stance.
--
Andrew Forsberg
http://www.thepander.co.nz/