[thechat] Judge throws out hyperlink lawsuit

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Sat Aug 24 19:53:00 CDT 2002

Syed Zeeshan Haider wrote:
> Hello Everybody,
> http://www.cnn.com/2002/LAW/08/24/hyperlink.patent.ap/index.html
>
> <quote>
> WHITE PLAINS, New York (AP) -- A federal judge has thrown out a
> lawsuit that could have made the World Wide Web a pay-as-you-click
> toll road. </quote>
>
> No offence, but it seems that Americans just love to file such
> lawsuits which sometimes can create new problems for common people.

I know Norman picked you up on this, but I'm wondering how many other people
are confused by the "British" part in British Telecom's name ...  Perhaps
they should rename themselves Not-American Telecom, because christ knows
every time they try and do something "over there", they screw the pooch
royally ... What was that?  Did someone say "Concert"?  Shhh, BT fumbled
$2bn on that particular ball in after-the-fact restructuring costs alone, so
perhaps we can forgive them just this once for this current spate of
reckless money grabbing attempts.  Just this once?

--
_ __/|   ___  ___ __ _________  "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned
\`O_o'  / _ \/ -_) // / __/ _ \  for Sega." -- Brodie, 'Mallrats'