[thechat] 2nd hard drive - jumper switches question

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Tue Jan 7 02:05:01 CST 2003

Shirley Kaiser, SKDesigns (laptop) wrote:
> [snip]
> And thanks for the URL in your last
> note, too! I just checked the packing slip, and mine is the WD200JB, so
> your URL gave me the quick jump to find that one's jumper settings.
> <http://support.wdc.com/techinfo/general/jumpers.asp>

Ahhh cool, the JB drives simply rawk - the jumper settings between the BB
and JB models are identical tho - the only real difference between the two
products are the extra 6 meg of onboard cache.

> So I'm making some good forward steps here, thanks to you two.
>
> The Wendy's #6 won't go out of my head, though.... ;-)

It hasn't out of mine (see previous post!)

> Thanks! I may actually pull this off without blowing up my computer....
> I really appreciate your help. I owe you a Wendy's or a beer or
> something.... :-)

If anyone fancies sending me a Wendy's that will still be warm after the
transatlantic hop, feel free - else you may want to put forward a proposal
for some UK franchises :)

--
_ __/|   ___  ___ __ _________ "When Microsoft Office is your only hammer,
\`O_o'  / _ \/ -_) // / __/ _ \ pretty much everything begins to look like