[thelist] RE: [] Cross browser fonts

martin burns martin at members.evolt.org
Fri Jun 30 06:23:27 CDT 2000

Jake wrote:
> Ack! Please don't use Chicago or Charcoal! Chicago is an ancient menu
> font
But universally available on Macs

>and Charcoal is a new menu font and imho they're great for that
> but a little too bold for most purposes.
True, you'd need to use them in small doses.

>Geneva is a uniquely Mac san-serif font and works
> great at 0.9em or about 10px. Palatino is a good choice for a
> uniquely Mac serif font. :)
Palatino is a real print font. Like most print fonts (Times included
btw) it's not good onscreen.

> Thanks for the suggestions. We vociferous minority Mac users do love
> getting some attention ;)
Indeed we do

Cheers
Martin the most at home on Macs but will use other platforms (even Windows if it's essential) as necessary