[thelist] ssh ftp client for the mac

Steven Champeon schampeo at hesketh.com
Fri Jun 30 09:30:36 CDT 2000

on Fri, Jun 30, 2000 at 04:40:49PM +0900, George Donnelly wrote:
> well i found an ssh telnet client for the mac [nifty telnet
> http://andrew2.andrew.cmu.edu/dist/niftytelnet.html]

Um, that's just a telnet client (with Kerberos support). If you want
NiftyTelnet with SSH support, you need to go outside the US (because
of copyright restrictions on RSA):

 http://www.lysator.liu.se/~jonasw/freeware/niftyssh/

> but i cant seem to find any info on an ssh FTP client for the mac. does
> anybody know anything?

There's no such animal. You have to use scp (which is supported by Nifty
Telnet, FWIW, though the interface is pretty meager...)

Steve

--
http://a.jaundicedeye.com/weblog/
because it just annoys people when I talk to myself...