[thelist] Site Evaluation - Crush Kill Destroy + URL

Erika Meyer erika at seastorm.com
Tue Jul 4 03:12:25 CDT 2000

>http://www.vianet.net.au/~dante
>I'd like some feedback on :
>-download speed.

fast enough.

>-functionality in browsers: N4 & up, PC & Mac etc

works fine for me in NN but IE5 Mac has problems.  Without going into
detail, images are offset where they should be aligned.  You might
want to check it in that browser if you can.

>-opinions on design.

love the scarab.  Love the colors.  Good interface.  I'm not sure
about the orange color on "hover."  it seems too close to the green
background.  I'd be inclined to try a brighter yellow, something to
"jump" out...

>-any serious problems/flaws.

see the IE5 mac thing.

>-CSS errors.

in a global stylesheet, you don't need the <style></style> or the
comment lines to hide from old browsers.  just dive in.

>-Javascript problems.

no clue.

>Is anyone aware of a WC3 Doctype called <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD
>Proprietary//EN"> ?

what is it supposed to do?

erika at seastorm.com
http://www.seastorm.com