[thelist] Creating a website for South/Central America

George Donnelly gsd at mac.com
Tue Jul 4 07:13:38 CDT 2000

well, if you can go by  uol, here are the top countries.

spanish:
colombia .co
argentina .ar
chile .cl
mexico .mx
venezuela .ve

portuguese:
brazil .br

other than chile, which seem to be www.domain.cl they all seem to follow the
www.domain.com.tl format

AFAIK, (and im no expert or anything) there are no other *major* language
groups in South and Central America. There are are pockets of Indian
languages like Quechua en Ecuador (i think) or some other european
languages, but nothing major, at least not when looking at south and central
america as a whole.

i cant really help with most of your questions but another issue i think you
should consider is language differences among the various spanish speaking
countries (altho i guess you will have natives handling these things). i was
a bit surprised when i came back from colombia and found that a few harmless
words there pissed the hell out of some mexican and puerto rican friends in
the US. <:-o

hth

Regards,
GEORGE DONNELLY
george at cyklotron.com
http://cyklotron.com/
Pleasure is the only thing one should live for. Nothing ages like happiness.
--Oscar Wilde