[thelist] RGB/CMYK to Pantone

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 4 10:48:58 CDT 2000

generally, as others have said, you convert to CMYK, and then use your Pantone color swatch
book, and failing that, the Photoshop Pantone colors, to select the nearest Pantone color...

Design Online *used* to have an online conversion utility at
http://www.designonline.com/tools/tools_default.asp?anc=pan ... however, they have gone
away...

so, if you find that in the list archives, it won't help...

otherwise, post the CMYK and i'll consult my books... keeping in mind that there *will* be a
heavy variance between the on-screen RGB and the print Pantone...