[thelist] capturing video for the web

Gail Matthews-DeNatale denatale at tiac.net
Tue Jul 4 17:28:38 CDT 2000

I've got a question I was hoping you could shed some light on.

I'm trying to make some Quicktimes for distribution on the web.  For
digital capture, we have Radius Moto DV.  But it won't let us capture at
half or quarter screen size, so we capture at full size and then make the
video half or quarter size when we process it through Quicktime pro (we've
been using Sorenson Codec).  In any event, when we reduce the size of the
screen this way, it becomes blurry.

Do any of you have tips or advice?  Are there any other video capture
programs out there that let you digitize at a smaller screen size?  Expense
is a concern and we're PC based.

TIA --
Gail Matthews-DeNatale

Gail Matthews-DeNatale, Ph.D.