[thelist] Affordable NT hosting companies

Madhu Menon madhu_news at postmark.net
Wed Jul 5 10:40:05 CDT 2000

Hello folks.

A couple of friends are planning to start a site that will someday
(hopefully) become something big.

Since we're doing this completely out of our own money, we can't
afford much ($ prices are a lot of money here in India).

That said, here's what I'm looking for:

) ASPMail component or similar component (for providing "mail story"
etc. functions)
2) Mediahouse Stats Server (I really love this package)
3) At least around 10 POP accounts
4) At least 1 GB monthly transfer
5) At least 20 MB space
6) <= $25 per month
7) Support for MS Access
8) Decent tech support

Desirable:

1) Index Server support
2) Windows 2000
3) IMail Mail Server

My problem is that all the sites I've worked on to date have been
rather big ones that have been hosted on their own dedicated servers.
So I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to budget hosting.

Yeah, I could put all those specs into one of the hosting directories
and it would throw up something, but I value the opinions of the
people on this list. Moreover, features don't always tell the full
story (Search the list archives for "Interland" and my name to find a
horror story I wrote about a long while back about that hosting
company)

Thanks,

Madhu

Madhu Menon