[thelist] Web Design Conference

David McCreath mccreath at alaska.net
Wed Jul 5 10:43:31 CDT 2000

> For obvious reasons, I can't mention the name of the seminar I attended.

Oh, come on, Paul. You know you want to...

> As David said, those of us with
> any experience at all were basically forced, through boredom or
compassion,
> to bail out these people and help the other inmates...I mean attendees.

Glad to know it wasn't just my crappy class. I thought maybe Rockhurst
couldn't get anyone decent to come up here in November.

> And there IS plenty of water available in
> pitchers on every table.  You just have to resist the temptation to drown
> yourself in order to keep from screaming.

LOL! That just made me spew tea through my nose. I forgot to mention that
the one guy who seemed to have his snap was the guy teaching a beginner's
JavaScript class and half-way through his first hour, he KNOCKED A PITCHER
OF WATER OVER ON HIS LAPTOP!!! Nobody could figure out why he had a pitcher
of water up on that table, but there you go.

Fortunately, two of the attendees were hardware techs from a North Slope oil
company who ran up and field stripped this poor yobbo's laptop before any
serious damage was done and then put it back together after drying all the
parts.