[thelist] Re: Whitey Must Pay > Why Centering is Evil

Annie Phelan aphelan at norlink.net
Wed Jul 5 12:39:18 CDT 2000

because in the english language we read from left to right. by default
the readers eyes expect to jump back to the left margin and not have to
search for it. every standard print media reads either left or center
justified, but never centered. Newspapers, Books, Magazines, you name
it.
Nevermind esthetics. Centering all text is overkill, it just looks bad,
unprofessional, and it's harder to read.

annie