[thelist] Web Design Conference

Kevin B. O'Brien ahuka at ahuka.com
Wed Jul 5 21:55:17 CDT 2000

At 10:44 AM 7/5/2000 -0400, you wrote:
>For obvious reasons, I can't mention the name of the seminar I attended.
>However, the same thing happened here....Only since I work for the Army,
>your (US citizen) tax dollars paid for me to attend a full day session where
>the most experienced presenter there knew nothing other than creating pages
>in FrontPage...and didn't know THAT well.  As David said, those of us with
>any experience at all were basically forced, through boredom or compassion,
>to bail out these people and help the other inmates...I mean attendees.

That reminds me of a disaster I participated in a couple of years ago. It
was put on by the Council of Independent Colleges, and the topic was using
IT in education. I was more-or-less continually correcting the presenters,
who were clueless to an incredible degree. By the end, I had other
attendees asking me when I would be putting on a workshop.

--
Kevin B. O'Brien                TANSTAAFL
ahuka at ahuka.com
Help fight SPAM. Join CAUCE. http://www.cauce.org/
"Liberty don't work as good in practice as it does in speeches."
  -- Will Rogers