[thelist] Liquidity

James Spahr james at designframe.com
Thu Jul 6 11:12:49 CDT 2000

on 7/6/00 12:32 PM, aardvark at roselli at earthlink.net wrote:

> so, do you think discovery.com has that mix?

discovery.com has a bunch of very bright people. They are also wrestling
with taking 5+ years of site growth and getting a handle on it. They've
invested in a content management system - but have yet been able to really
use it.

I also know that each section is run separately, with an Art Director at the
top who dictates the design of the 'wrapper'. Each section then works their
design so it works with the parent company's branding.

The semantics of getting a liquid site to work (ie converting all of their
current content) in that political situation would be quite an achievement -
and I would say a questionable expenditure of money.

(I was involved in a bid a couple months ago with them)

James.