[thelist] ASP/SQL date database question

L. Floyd lfloyd at sonic.net
Fri Jul 7 00:23:12 CDT 2000

Forgive my ignorance, but I'm just stumped with this.  I have an Access
database that I'm updating using ASP/VBScript.  One of the fields each
record in the database is a date that initially is empty.  It's simple
enuff to put a date in there, but I'm having difficulty making that
field blank again!  Is there a way to simply remove the contents of that
field for a given record?  I've tried using null as a replacement value,
but haven't had much luck (as I'm sitting here typing this, I just
thought of a way to possibly use null, but I'll have to wait until I get
to work tomorrow to try it =0).

Any help will be greatly appreciated.  I'll try to come up with a tip by
tomorrow.

- larry