[thelist] Liquidity

Oliver Lineham oliver at lineham.co.nz
Fri Jul 7 03:47:25 CDT 2000

At 18:00 7/07/00 +1000, you wrote:

>Actually I got the -1px from another guy called George Dillon (Hi George!!).

Yah, George and I have talked a lot about that thing.

> > personally i wouldn't trust netscape to understand width="-1%" (you got
> > this from oliver, right?) but it looks to be working everywhere except that
> > 3px grey column

Actually sometimes (*sometimes*) it is the only way to whip Netscape into
line (IE's always fine).  But you do have to be careful with it in places,
especially where you need the very last column to be a precise pixel width
- Netscape likes to make it a pixel too big.

All in all if you can redesign your table to avoid needing -1% then all the
better.

</ol>

     v i b e   m e d i a    http://www.vibe.co.nz/
  po box 10-492              wellington, new zealand
  phone +64 21 210-7845         oliver at lineham.co.nz