[thelist] 2 ASP and IIS problems

Ron White rwhite at edverify.com
Fri Jul 7 12:04:52 CDT 2000

1. Is there a way to restart IIS w/out restarting the whole system?  I
thought it should be in the services area but can't seem to find it
there....

Answer: go into Internet Information Services and Right-click on the Server
name, one of the options is Restart IIS...

2. Has anyone ever uninstalled Personal Web Server?  I can't seem to
find anything about uninstalling it.

3. The NT swerver I'm running IIS on, seems to make ASP [ODBC]
connections to Oracle quite fine for a while and then all of a sudden it
tells me:

Not sure on this one, but it almost sounds as if something else has the DB
locked, is it backing itself up, is there another app hitting it??

HTH,
Ron