[thelist] ASP: Complete Beginner

Michael Galvin mpgalvin at eircom.net
Fri Jul 7 17:12:34 CDT 2000

Hey there

I've been asked to deploy a version of our software that would allow our
customers' customers to look up account details on the web.  It uses ASP
pages connected to an MS Access database (not my choice, and not my place to
change it).  The software is all ready to go, and I've got it working fine
on my personal web server, but I'm not sure how it's all going to hang
together on the web, ie., when it's "out there".  I have too many questions
to list here, so I wonder if somebody could point me at a resource that
would tell me the basics.  I've seen asp101, asphole, irt and evolt (last
but not least), but I can't seem to find a site that doesn't just jump in,
assuming I know even a little bit.

Any help?
Michael