[thelist] Good alt texts [was .gif texts]

David Nicholls nicholls at u030.aone.net.au
Fri Jul 7 22:18:15 CDT 2000

A note of caution.  When I clicked on the www.lds.org link, ZoneAlarm
advised me that it had blocked an attempt to access my PC on ports 1252
and 1253.

Here's one of the ZoneAlarm messages:

The firewall has blocked Internet access to your computer (TCP Port
1253) from 203.89.225.66 (HTTP).
Time: 08/07/00 12:48:34

The IP address is not the same as www.lds.org

May be harmless but I don't like sites doing that sort of thing.  Anyone
have an idea what the probe might have been trying to do?  Run realaudio
or something?

DN

--

David Nicholls