[thelist] LMHost file a Mac version...

Mike King mike.king at redroom.co.uk
Sat Jul 8 05:23:56 CDT 2000

Having put it off for ages, I've just put my Mac onto my NT network (not at
all painful! if in doubt just have a butchers @ http://www.macwindows.com/)
To test the sites locally I need to enter the IP address for the IIS site,
now that's OK because on Win 9x and NT I can spoof it with a hosts file,
which basically maps a name of my choice to an IP address, the format is:

-
domain.local	172.0.0.1	# comment
-

My question is: Can I do this sort of spoofing on my Mac (OS 8.1)

Thanks
mk

<tip author="Mike King" type="Remote control">
Need to control a computer that's far away? Or just can't be bothered to
walk across the room?
Try 'Virtual Network Computing' (VNC)
http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/
Works with PC, Mac and Unix.