[thelist] ASP: Complete Beginner

Peggy Daniels pegdaniels at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 8 10:26:43 CDT 2000

I can't recall seeing any asp web site that is that basic.  You might try
Beginning Active Server Pages by Wrox Press Ltd. (it's a book)
http://www.wrox.com

I am not a programmer, nor do I play one on TV, but that book explained
things clearly enough that I was able to do some simple asp stuff by myself,
just for experimentation.  There is a second book called Professional Active
Server Pages which might also be helpful, after the Beginning book.  The
developer-guy here at work blew through the beginning book pretty quickly,
found it very helpful, and has kept the professional book on his desk.

HTH,
--Peg

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Michael Galvin" <mpgalvin at eircom.net>
<snip>
so I wonder if somebody could point me at a resource that
would tell me the basics.  I've seen asp101, asphole, irt and evolt (last
but not least), but I can't seem to find a site that doesn't just jump in,
assuming I know even a little bit.
</snip>