[thelist] New TLD .eu

Oliver Lineham oliver at lineham.co.nz
Sat Jul 8 21:00:30 CDT 2000

At 11:25 7/07/00 -0400, you wrote:

><snip>
>Are you sure?  I though .sk was Slovakia (formerly part of
>Yugoslavia).  There are a gazillion sk addresses, see:
></snip>
>And they say Americans don't know anything about Geography, apparently Kiwis
>don't either... :-) Slovakia wasn't a part of Yugoslavia, it was a part of
>Czechoslovakia, hence the name.... They split when Communism bit the dust in
>Europe. I believe you are confusing Slovenia, which WAS part of Yugoslavia,
>with Slovakia...

*very red face*

i was indeed thinking of czechoslovakia, don't know why i type
yugoslavia.  i know people in slovakia, that's why i picked up on the .sk ..

d'oh.

<tip type="Accessibility">
There is a caveat with doing your links in Flash: the user can't
right-click and open the link in a new window.

That's a real pain because often the user doesn't want to lose the page
they are on.  This a real problem with Flash in banner ads, for example.
</tip>

</ol>

     v i b e   m e d i a    http://www.vibe.co.nz/
  po box 10-492              wellington, new zealand
  phone +64 21 210-7845         oliver at lineham.co.nz