[thelist] As an infrequent poster

Brian Tully btully at gstockco.com
Sun Jul 9 02:36:37 CDT 2000

DOH!

After reading several notes referring to "Brian T.", it finally hit me...
"are they talking about ME!?" Not that I should apologize (seeing that I
didn't do anything intentionally wrong), but I will... As per Jeff's e-mail,
it appears that my message contained an extended ascii chracter - an
em-dash. Why in the world OE would interpret that as a command to self
destruct is beyond me. You're probably asking yourself "well why the hell
did he use a #%*@ em-dash?" - well when one does a lot of print work and
uses a Mac one uses the extended ascii characters subconsciously -
especially when they are a quick and intuitive  2-key combination (unlike
the PC where one has to play a Bach fugue on their keyboard)  ;)
I guess we learn from this NOT to use extended ascii characters on the list
- sorry I had to be the one leading this lesson. In the future I'll make
sure to keep all things grammarian at a minimum.

Your em-dashing friend,
B r i a n  T u l l y
Webmaster/Designer/Programmer
The Gary Stock Company