[thelist] Links in CSS

Peter-Paul Koch ppk at xs4all.nl
Sun Jul 9 07:15:02 CDT 2000

>Questions: (1) Is there a way to define a custom class for a HOVER or a
VISITED >or an ACTIVE link, as well as for a basic link?  How would I write
this
>into my stylesheet? and

'active' means 'when the user clicks the link' so it is automatically
hovered and after the click it is visited.

>(2) How would I code this in the body, where
>it seems like the multitude of link 'types' all in one tag would be
>confusing...?

As answered before, you can do things like

a.classname:hover

Be warned, however, that the browser still have some bugs regarding this.
If none of the links are visited everything works fine but as soon as some
links are visited browsers lose some style or get confused.

ppk