[thelist] ASP/SQL date database question

L. Floyd lfloyd at sonic.net
Sun Jul 9 15:20:26 CDT 2000

Well, my problem was due to my ignorance, just as I suspected.  What was
happening was I was building string that was to be my SQL statement to
update the database.  So the string had a lot of.... "MyField ='" &
MyField & "', NextField='" & Nextfield.... etc., where MyField was a
varible of some sort.  What I was trying to do was something like:
	DateComplete = Null

and then use DateComplete in my SQL string.  Well, Null ends up looking
like nothing once it's put in a string.  I ended up doing some decision
making with 'if's and just putting in the SQL string like was suggested
by someone out there:
"DateComplete=Null".  Just that simple.

I wonder if I tried to set DateComplete="Null".  I bet that would work.
I'll try it tomorrow.

Thanks for the help!

- larry