[thelist] Tip -- Object Oriented Programing

rudy limeback r937 at interlog.com
Mon Jul 10 05:42:33 CDT 2000

> The original email came from a Canadian, so I
> expect it was written in American.

watch it sonny, them's fightin words

;o)

we canadians do not take kindly to insinuations that we're just like
americans

we do spell it "organisation," most of the time, anyway, but we're pretty
zealous about colour and favour and neighbour

> 3/4/95 could be the fourth of May (America)
> or the third of April (elsewhere).

see, that's what's wrong with using month names, i would've thunk the
americans to see it as fourth of march

;o)

<tip type='date format">
always use the ISO standard international format, e.g. 2000-07-10
all database systems will recognise it
(american database systems will recognize it)
<tip>

rudy.limeback
r937.com
evolt.org