[thelist] Text-based browsers: Any Recommendations?

Seth Bienek - Web Consultant sbienek at acep.org
Mon Jul 10 10:39:50 CDT 2000

<See below for off-list start of thread>

Adrian & all,

I've downloaded lynx, but the zip file appears to be a big mess of .c and .h
files..

Am I downloading the wrong version?  I've been through the ReadMe's, to no
avail..

Ok, I found what I need.. A compiled version for dorks who can't/don't want
to compile their own..  This is a link to the LYnx BInary Distribution
Outlet, sporting compiled versions of Lynx for nearly every platform:
http://www.trill-home.com/lynx/binaries.html

My next question; anyone know of any GUI text-based browsers?  I'm going to
try Adrian's suggestion for NS 2.0 with the images turned off, but I've got
my eyes peeled for a text-based browser a disabled user might be using, for
example..

Considering all of the hullabaloo over making websites accessible, it sure
is a bitch finding a browser to test with...

Seth