[thelist] Percentage values in <TABLE> and <TD> tags?

Greg Strange gstrange at e-tsi.com
Mon Jul 10 12:12:33 CDT 2000

I trust everyone had a wonderful weekend.

I am having a new page validated (thanks for the tip!) and it gives me only
two errors.  They are exactly the same.  They are:

<TD WIDTH=50%>
              ^

Error: an attribute value must be a literal unless it contains only name
characters

I thought we could declare a percentage value in these tags.  Can we not?
If not, how are we to do the liquidity thing on our tables?  Or am I missing
something?  I am using these two <TD WIDTH=50%> tags to make the cells
expand or contract on either side of the real content depending on the
resolution.

Thanks for the answers in advance.

Greg