FWD: RE: [thelist] Content

Daniel J. Cody dcody at oracular.com
Mon Jul 10 15:39:16 CDT 2000

Erin -

Its because its coming through as both plain text and html(you're
sending two formats)

From: Erin Kissane <ekissane at sapient.com>
To: "'thelist at lists.evolt.org'" <thelist at lists.evolt.org>
Subject: RE: [thelist] Content
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 13:54:17 -0500

This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not

> If the color is coming across as red and blue then your color
> settings must
> not be high enough because it's not supposed to be a sharp
> red, it's actually
> suppposed to be a non-painful orange color.

The colors are painful from here, and unfortunately, you can't expect
everyone to calibrate to your monitor -- try using colors from the web
palette (http://www.lynda.com/hexh.html) if you want to have more
over what people see.

> calling people nerds I'm sorry. But I also think that many
> people on this
> list take it extraordinarily to serious and need to spend a
> few less hours at
> the keyboard.

This is not a social list.  Sure, the people who've been here awhile may
spend *some* time playing, but it's primarily a list for getting things
done, so please help keep it on topic.  (I read it from work even on
crazy-busy days because there's almost always something useful for
what I'm doing and because it's such a low-fluff list.)

BTW, I don't know what's making my posts bounce -- I've messed with
Outlook's preferences -- sorry for the MIME crap.