[thelist] starting a website

Michael Barrett mbarrett at triad.rr.com
Tue Jul 11 08:22:54 CDT 2000

I can't add much to this thread....
but

after I've worked out what the client needs/wants/willing to pay for, then I
design a site map to reflect the architecture I'm considering. When I have
that reasonably worked out on paper, I create a pretty site map in
Illustrator (complete with cute little page icons!), export out a PDF and
send it to clients and other involved parties for approval. My site maps
usually include a visual map of what pages link where, and brief
descriptions of what each page contains.

<tip type="cheap streaming audio">
want to stream some audio on your site, but don't wanna pay for expensive
stream-hosting? If your audio is short (say a minute or under) pop the audio
into a flash movie, make the movie itself nothing but a tiny play/stop
button, and the audio. Flash content plays while it downloads, so it will
effectively stream the audio, especially if you use Flash 4's MP3
compression. Even works well on a 56K modem.
</tip>

-- Michael
-O^O-
 -