[thelist] trying to get a table border using CSS

Tara Cleveland taracleveland at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 11 08:58:22 CDT 2000

Hi all,

This is my first time posting to this list....

I've got this table ya' see... I need to have light grey lines around the
cells in the table. I know I can do it by stretching a single pixel gif, but
is there any way I can do it with CSS?

I've tried <table> border color, <td> border color etc. in my CSS file, with
all the permutations of border-width and border-style. I don't get a nice
thin line, which is what I want - I either get nothing if table border is
set to 0 or that ugly 3D table border with a nice thin line inside the ugly
table border.  Is there any way I can do this? I'm not too concerned at this
point with CSS browser compatibility.

Thanks everyone,

Tara Cleveland

PS If possible could you reply to my email directly as I'm on the digest. (
taracleveland at hotmail.com ) Thanks again. TC