[thelist] Mutiple Browsers on one box

John Anderson johna at i-muse.com
Tue Jul 11 11:24:17 CDT 2000

Hi,

I've been reading the archives of the list, and from what I've read
(except for 1 note), that IE4 and IE5 can peacefully co-existant on
Win9x boxes, does everyone agree with that?  (Assuming IE4 is installed
first, then IE5 is installed and a check box to "Keep IE4" is checked.)

My next question is regarding Netscape.  I noticied a while back that
Netscape 4.5 (and maybe newer, I haven't tried) crushes all other 4.
Netscape browsers on a box.  I installed them in different directories,
different (physical) hard drives, and it didn't seem to matter.
Questions:
- Has any one experienced that?
- Is there a known work around?

Currently I have Netscape 3.04 Gold and Netscape 4.73 on my box.

Thanks,

--John