[thelist] Ok, I need input on a web site using a G3 Mac..

Steve Maxey smaxey at bcr.com
Tue Jul 11 13:58:16 CDT 2000

At 12:40 PM 7/11/00 -0500, you wrote:
>Hello. I would really appreciate input on some issues we are having for a
>client on their web site: www.tkroofing.com/home.html
>
>First, in IE on a G3 processor Mac, when you mouseover the Why T&K? button
>on the left, a popup menu shows up. The menu supposedly is positioned lower
>on the screen. It should line up with the Emergency button link, but it does
>not. The client mentioned also that the menu has a transparent look to it
>and you cannot use any of the links when you mouseover the links.

I suspect it has nothing to do with being a G3, since the positioning error
and the fact that it doesn't go away happen on my non-G3 as well. You
didn't specify which version of IE, but I suspect it's 5.0 (as mine is).
5.0 requires compliant code, so any hack you may be using to position the
menu (it looks like you're using tables rather than direct layer
positioning) won't work.

However, I don't have the transparency problem or the wrong graphic on the
home button (have you had them dump their browsers cache to make sure
they're not looking at some graphics from earlier in the development process?

The Why T&K submenu doesn't come up at page load--but it stays up for a
very long time (about 2 minutes)

>Third, when you mouseover the red Home image on the left, it changes to the
>red E-mail image. Also, when you mouseover the E-Mail and Map images, no
>graphic comes up.

Is some graphic other than a green rollover supposed to come up?