[thelist] starting a website

Palyne Gaenir palyne at sciencehorizon.com
Tue Jul 11 21:26:59 CDT 2000

I work with the client to completely define the architecture first.
As part/adjunct to that, issues related to moods, color schemes,
available or needed logos, etc. are addressed.  When I know
everything that has to go in the site, then I can do design -- how
can you design if you don't know how much nav you need, how many
options have to be on the front page, how it is divided into
sections, etc.?  So, architecture always comes first for me, then
design, and then navigation follows as the final part of design.  I
often do the splash pages last. FWIW.
Palyne

>What do you do when you are first creating a design with a website?

--------
Palyne Gaenir
ScienceHorizon Web Media
http://www.sciencehorizon.com