[thelist] Mac help needed asap

Greg Strange gstrange at e-tsi.com
Tue Jul 11 23:46:34 CDT 2000

on 7/11/00 10:43 PM, Palyne Gaenir at palyne at sciencehorizon.com wrote:

> I have a site showing in the morning (Wed) and damned if the clients
> aren't all on mac, which I no longer have.  Everything looks fine on
> NS and IE (as far as I can tell, anyway).  But the ProjMgr kept
> saying one (very simple) splash design looked way offcenter right on
> his screen, so I totally redid it and now he says it is way offcenter
> left!

It is a little off centre.  Is this what you wanted?  Is suspect it is given
your statement

> Now dang it, I can't tell if this guy just hasn't got
> a clue that the design isn't supposed to be a straight line down the
> middle

It's not so off centre that you cringe to look at it.  Frankly, it looks as
though everything (that is to say if the design were considered as a single
block) is left-aligned for smaller screens.  This looks exactly the same in
both IE5 and NN 4.73 on the insanely great Mac.

Hope that helps.

Greg Strange