[thelist] Winstability - best version for webdev

Erik Sabowski Erik.Sabowski at noaa.gov
Thu Jul 13 09:15:29 CDT 2000

they spelt 'Microsoft' incorrectly? how they hell do you let something
like that happen? I think it some disgruntled M$ employee trying to piss
off ol' Bill :)

thank god i have dsl...

> otherwise it's an 85MB download to make sure that Microsoft is spelt correctly in all the dialogue boxes, and other such heinous errors.

#airyk
:wq

oooo...my first tip!

<tip author="#airyk" type="perl">
in your perl scripts, use the 'strict' pragma to reduce errors caused by
misspelled variables. variables can then only be declared by using the
the 'my' keywords (except for imported or fully qualified variables)

use strict;
my $variable;
etc...

this will also catch unsafe use of references and barewords. if you want
to just catch unsafe use of variables, tell it so:

use strict 'vars';
</tip>

| Erik M. Sabowski          Computer Assistant       |
| erik.sabowski at noaa.gov    National Geodetic Survey |
|    National Oceanic and Atmospheric Association    |