[thelist] ASP Conditional Required Fields

Steve Maxey smaxey at bcr.com
Thu Jul 13 12:50:19 CDT 2000

Okay, I need to know how to do something in ASP that is beyond my (early)
learning of it (still working through the early Wrox books.

Let's say I have three groups of Radio Buttons, A, B, and C

button A1
button A2
button A3
button A4
buttons
buttons

A is a required field (that is, at least one button must be chosen for the
form to be processed; otherwise a warning box sends you back)

Now I need to set it up so that if button A1 is selected, choosing a button
in both B and C is required; if A2 is selected, choosing a button in B
(only) is required; if A3 is selected, a button in C (only) is required;
and if A4 is selected neither B nor C is required.

Can someone get me started on this?

--Steve