[thelist] Netscape 6?

James Aylard jaylard at encompass.net
Thu Jul 13 22:34:18 CDT 2000

aardvark wrote:
> you got me there... i left out the word 'fully,' which obviously
> changes the meaning... either
> way, going forward, incomplete support for CSS-P or CSS2 equates
> to no support - but that's
> because of my needs, so don't necessarily apply that to yourself...

	I don't imagine *full* CSS2 support will come along for quite some time --
no one's really even been talking about that yet that I've heard (not that
some of us haven't thought about it, though!). Working on an IE-centric
Intranet, IE has had reasonably good basic CSS-P support since version 4 --
although I haven't looked at that part of the CSS2 spec lately, and can't
recall what it's missing (which part of CSS-P in particular has you vexed?).
	Microsoft hasn't added much CSS2 support to IE through v5.5, which is
disappointing. My guess (and hope) is that IE6 will take some major strides
forward in standards support, including for CSS2. Just a hunch, though.

James Aylard