[thelist] MS Word & hyperlinks

Erika Meyer erika at seastorm.com
Fri Jul 14 02:25:03 CDT 2000

>From the MS Help file (winblows):
>
>Turn on or off automatic formatting of hyperlinks
>
>On the Tools menu, click AutoCorrect, and then click the AutoFormat
>As You Type tab.
>
>Under Replace as you type, select or clear the Internet and network
>paths with hyperlinks check box.

<sarcasm>Oh.  How intuitive.</sarcasm>

Thank you, it seems to have done the trick... more or less.

"Autocorrect" is like having someone looking over your shoulder as
you type saying, "oh, you don't want to write that.  what you really
want to write is...".

If you saw that movie called "Office Space," there's that scene where
3 geeks take baseball bats and beat the crap out of a copy machine.
This is what I want to do with MS Word.

Or at least slap it up a little bit.
Oh to be able to write my own Word Processing program.

<tip type="MS Word" author="erika">
Before copy & pasting a Word doc into a text editor (like BBEdit) for
web-design purposes, make sure to "save as plain text" first.
Otherwise you end up with a lot of funky gremlins floating around as
formatting leftovers.  They are a pain to track down and eliminate.
</tip>

Erika

erika at seastorm.com
http://www.seastorm.com