[thelist] simple question (I hope): chat

elkay lwkraemer at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 15 20:49:19 CDT 2000

1. I built an ASP based chat and indeed this was a problem. I wrote the code
so the latest message would be at the top rather than the bottom. IOW, the
conversation goes top down rather than the conventional chat scenario where
each new message is added to the bottom and the conversation goes bottom up.
This solved MY refresh issue. YMMV
2. In the body tag:
    onload="document.formname.textboxname.focus()"

HTH
LK