[thelist] [Fwd: Looking for opinion on two sites]

Jorah Lavin madstone at madstone.net
Sun Jul 16 07:25:49 CDT 2000

At 04:29 PM 7/14/00,  Janet wrote:
>Hey guys,
>
>I want to share with you two cool sites, and get a little IMO from a few
>of
>you.  My friend's son built this one:  www.cscnewark.com

Initial feelings...

"man, why is this taking so long?"
"I hate waiting for these things, where is the 'skip intro' button"
"click... click... nothing... oh, finally we get into the content"
"Oh, man... there STILL isn't any content, just another splash screen"
(wait, wait, wait) (ah, finally done loading... wave mouse, get js error)
(finally get the mouseover to work, which apparently isn't preloaded...
and... )
"they want me to REGISTER before I can see ANY INFORMATION about what the
freaking company is about?  Man, talk about an arrogant way to treat
visitors... I'm outta here."

BTW, if sound was conveying something, they might want to remember that one
or two of us still don't have sound cards in our company-supplied machines.

>Two minutes after looking at that one, I was referred via email from
>another
>unrelated friend to this site: http://www.0-halo.net/

"At least this one is fast, and I can decide that it is about Nine Inch
Nails and I can click away and look at the weather reports on
intellicast.com..."

I guess I must not be part of the target demographic for Flash sites... I
don't get the point.

-Jorah