[thelist] Need Mac users input on a web page

Bob Davis bobd at members.evolt.org
Mon Jul 17 16:25:36 CDT 2000

> Hello, I would really appreciate it if some Mac
> users that have Netscape 4.0
> or above could check this page:
> http://www.tkroofing.com/home2.html

Nothing happens - It think the code indicates that if isMac is true, then nothing is supposed to happen, vis:
<!--code snip
<!-- Script for popout menu-->
   NS4 = (document.layers);
   IE4 = (document.all);
  ver4 = (NS4 || IE4);
   IE5 = (IE4 && navigator.appVersion.indexOf("5.")!=-1);
 isMac = (navigator.appVersion.indexOf("Mac") != -1);
isMenu = (NS4 || (IE4 && !isMac));
-->

That last line.  My reading (and tell me if I'm wrong) is "isMenu is true if NS4 is true, and isMac is false".

I see though, that you are using an old version of the webreference HeirMenus.  You should grab the new one.  It works well on everything I've tested on (newer browsers, Mac and PC).
You can get it at:
http://www.webreference.com/dhtml/column21/

Mind the addendum at:
http://www.webreference.com/dhtml/column21/addendum10-1/5.html