[thelist] <cfpop> and date formating

Daniel J. Cody dcody at oracular.com
Mon Jul 17 18:09:56 CDT 2000

Hola -

I'm using a pretty standard <cfpop> call to get some email. I'm then
trying to insert those emails into a DB table and am having serious
problems with the date.

Specifically, CF doesn't seem to want to take a date like it comes back
from cfpop. For instance,

cfpop will return "Mon Jul 17 12:00:00 2000" for its date value.
However, once you try to run it through a DateFormat or ParseDateTime
function, CF tells you that you're not working with a valid time format.

Anyone else who's ever run into this probably knows exactly what I'm
talking about, and I'd appreciate any insight on how you dealed with
this frustrating problem..

Thanks :)

.djc.