[thelist] re:site price help

A. Erickson amanda at gawow.com
Mon Jul 17 22:12:44 CDT 2000

It's illegal, darling.

It's called price-fixing. Basically, if a band of people get together, say
plumbers or carpenter or glass-blowers or... web developers and start
discussing how much they are going to charge, the group can be accused of
price-fixing.

And, in regards to "airy-fairy" there is no set rule. Go buy the Graphics
Artist's Guild Handbook and read it cover-to-cover. Really. It's a good book
and covers the issue of what to charge as well as a million other tidbits
related to freelancing and ethics.

Good day!

- amanda