[thelist] Flash Genius (Was: Tremendously simple use of flash...)

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 18 09:28:35 CDT 2000

i think you misunderstood... perhaps 'disable' wasn't the best
word... i should have continued the 'making useless' concept...

go to a Flash site... a content-rich one... or even a content-light
one... surf around for a while... then hit your browser's 'back'
button... what happens?  you don't go back one Flash screen you
back where you were in the Flash movie?  hit the 'forward' button?
sure, that puts you back at the beginning of the Flash movie...
gotta click on your own to get back to where you were...

as for the address bar, you are always on the same HTML page...
no changes in the address, no way to bookmark a specific Flash
screen, just a useless address... i don't about you, but i rely on the
address bar to give me an idea of where i am in a site, especially
when the navigation isn't easy to figure out... so the address bar
becomes useless...

i wasn't talking about sites that launch a new window and eat your
chrome, although i tend to dislike those as well...