[thelist] How would you respond to this client

dante dante at vianet.net.au
Tue Jul 18 13:02:29 CDT 2000

Try this one:

A few weeks ago I went through a agency for some short term (I was told 3
weeks) work at company X.
When I turned up at company X, I found that they only needed me for one week
only.
Ok, I thought, not what I wanted - but more stuff for my CV & a small amount
of cash.
After 3 days I had finished the work they had allocated for me to do (site
maintainence & update work on 3 sites), so they told me to take 1 day off &
they would have more work for me to do as soon as it was organised by the
creative director.
On the last day I was there, I was told that they liked my work so much they
wanted me to come back the next week & to call to verify what days.

Since then I've been getting the run-around from them: "Sorry, he's in a
meeting/on the phone/out of the office etc."
Then I found out from the agency I've been working through that company X
had used 2 other web designers in 3 weeks & had told them all the same
story. They have since hired some poor twit from off the street. Needless to
say the agency was as pissed as I am & won't have anything else to do with
this company.

To add insult to injury company X haven't yet payed me for the work that I
did for them (4 weeks ago now) & have ignored all the invoices I've been
sending them.
I'm not sure that legal action or a collection agency is warrented with
amounts this small, so I'll prob'ly have to forget it if they don't pay up.

Thanks for reading my rave.

                                            dante

p.s.
Have a look a some of my flash stuff.