[thelist] IIS4.0 / MMC dies after power failure.

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Tue Jul 18 13:50:59 CDT 2000

"Chris Houston." wrote:

> Hello
>
> Has anyone had the experience of IIS4.0 and the MMC for it crashing, but
> permanently, after a power failure? It happened once before, but I figured
> it was just a fluke. Now, on a different machine, it's happened again. The
> symptoms include:

You probably have a corrupted Metabase. (The Metabase holds all the info on IIS
configs, and is analogous to the Win Registry.)

There maybe a tool or two at the Microsoft site for repairing the Metabase.

--
Anthony Baratta
President