[thelist] FrontPage2000 Include Page Component Locking Up....

Gregory.John.Toland at ccmail.census.gov Gregory.John.Toland at ccmail.census.gov
Tue Jul 18 14:07:30 CDT 2000

I am running FrontPage2000 on a Win NT 4.0 SP6a workstation editing files on an
IIS 4.0 web server (w/FP2000 extensions).  Whenever I attempt to open up a file
that uses the Include Page component the application toggles between not
responding and being very slow.  The CPU jumps to 100% for a short time then
becomes normal only for a few seconds, then shoots back up to 100%.  If I use
the non-FrontPage syntax:

     <!--#include file="??????.htm"-->

instead of

     <!--webbot bot="Include" U-Include="??????.htm" TAG="BODY" -->

 the problem is solved.  Any ideas as to why this is ocurring?

Greg