[thelist] FrontPage2000 Include Page Component Locking Up....

martin burns martin at members.evolt.org
Wed Jul 19 09:29:40 CDT 2000

> At 06:57 PM 7/18/00 -0500, you wrote:
> >Yup. FP includes happen at authoring time, not at run time. This is a
> pain
> >for you (I was running an intranet once, using FP includes for common
> >navigation, and one edit took 45 mins to ripple through the 2000 odd
>
> Ouch. You had FP for a 2000 page site? Omigosh. You're a sucker for
> punishment, aren't you?

Corporate environment, strategic tools - you know the story.

Actually, the whole intranet (except for the dynamic apps) ran that way; we had many small sites, with most depts having a public one and a private one for their own staff. The 2k page one was about the biggest.

The entire system slowed down around 5pm as everyone published from devt to staging servers.

And if you think that was bad, you should have seen it when most people were running FP97 with *really* inferior handling of large projects.

Cheers
Martin